By Samantha Grose, Lead Designer Optima Homes and JP&CO.
Happy Halloween! Need to get in the spirit before those trick or treats come knocking?
Five simple things to create a creepy front door in no time at all:
- Find some cotton balls and pull them apart to create faux spider webs.
- Grab any and all candles you have and light them outside your door. It’s dark, so no one will see anything but the candle light.
- Turn on the radio and turn to a spooky station. Play it softly in the background for a ghostly effect!
- Get out that eyeliner and go to work on yourself… 🙂
- Don’t just pass out the candy. Make the kiddies work for it. Try filling a bowl with cooked spaghetti. Bury some coins in the bottom of the bowl. If the trick or treaters find a coin, it’s there’s. They can keep the coins or exchange them for candy.
Samantha Grose is both Associate AIA and Allied ASID. She is the lead designer for Optima Homes and JP&CO. She takes a unique approach to design creating spaces that are casually sophisticated and timeless in design, where you and your family can live comfortably. She has worked extensively throughout the TWIN CITIES area having completed many new homes and large scale whole house remodels.
Samantha received her BS from the University of Minnesota majoring in both ARCHITECTURE and ART. She is deeply committed to a creative approach giving you highly functional spaces with an aesthetic appeal for everyday living.